TYPO3 47 alpha1 » History » Version 2
TYPO3 4.7 alpha1¶
Released November, 29th 2011
Upgrading and compatibility¶
Please note that this version is released as an very early alpha release. It shows a snapshot of our development so far on the road to 4.7.0, which will be released in April/2012. Take a look at the Roadmap for more information about the schedule.
The first Alpha release concentrates on Deprecation CleanUP and Frontend-Accessibility.
To upgrade an existing installation of 4.5 to 4.6.0alpha1, please consider the following steps:
- Visit the Install Tool:
- Use the "Database COMPARE" section and apply all database schema changes.
- Use the "Update Wizard" to upgrade the compatibility to 4.7.
Try out the introduction package which provides a very easy way of installing TYPO3 and having some example setup already in place.
If you are interested in the new accessibility features shipped for the TYPO3 frontend, switch your introduction package to html5 mode or try out the new invented government packages which aims to be the introduction packages preconfigured for accessibility and usage in governmental agencies.
What happened so far¶
- Many unused and deprecated files have been removed in
- indexed_search has now an extensions available which uses MySQL fulltext feature
If you want to use and try this feature, install the additional indexed_search_mysql extensions
- ADOdb library has been raised to version 5.14
- Icons for file-links in frontend are configurable
- The caching framework now uses compressed DB backend by default for pages and page_sections
- the system extension "linkvalidator" has been integrated as submodule
- A new set of interfaces called "collection interfaces" has been introduced
These interfaces define an generic and common api how to deal with sets of data in TYPO3 Core.
A new Clipboard will be based upon this, as well as the possiblity to "group" tca records or files within a collection.
Furthermore the FAL layer will use them as an interface for the represantion of an "folder".
h2. What's next?
Many projects are targeted at TYPO3 4.7 and will be included in Core with the next pre-releases until the feature-freeze deadline which will occur on 3th February 2012. Further details you may see at [[http://news.typo3.org/news/article/typo3-47-with-standards-and-accessibility-to-a-new-decade]]
The Alpha2 release willl concentrate on ExtJS 4 upgrade and Backend Cleanup...
It seems to be the right time for you to give us a help by:
- Joining our teams,
- Reviewing issues that are already pending on the core list,
- Supply patches for new features or bug fixes,
- Participate in discussions on the typo3.projects.v4 list around new features and concepts.