TYPO3 47 alpha1 » History » Version 4
Steffen Ritter, 2011-11-29 14:46
h1. TYPO3 4.7 alpha1
Released November, 29th 2011
h2. Upgrading and compatibility
Please note that this version is released as an very early alpha release. It shows a snapshot of our development so far on the road to 4.7.0, which will be released in April/2012. Take a look at the Roadmap for more information about the schedule.
The first Alpha release concentrates on Deprecation CleanUP and Frontend-Accessibility.
To upgrade an existing installation of 4.5 to 4.6.0alpha1, please consider the following steps:
* Visit the Install Tool:
** Use the "Database COMPARE" section and apply all database schema changes.
** Use the "Update Wizard" to upgrade the compatibility to 4.7.
h2. New installations
Try out the *introduction package* which provides a very easy way of installing TYPO3 and having some example setup already in place.
If you are interested in the new accessibility features shipped for the TYPO3 frontend, switch your *introduction package* to html5 mode or try out the new invented *government packages* which aims to be the *introduction packages* preconfigured for accessibility and usage in governmental agencies.
h2. What happened so far
* *Many unused and deprecated files have been removed in*
* *indexed_search has now an extensions available which uses MySQL fulltext feature*
If you want to use and try this feature, install the additional indexed_search_mysql extensions
* *ADOdb library has been raised to version 5.14*
* *Icons for file-links in frontend are configurable*
currently there is no documentation available, which will be improved soon
* *The caching framework now uses compressed DB backend by default for pages and page_sections*
If you have less CPU power but more database space, you might want to change this manually again
* *the system extension "linkvalidator" has been integrated as submodule*
take care to run _git submodule --init_ wenn working on GIT branch
* *A new set of interfaces called "collection interfaces" has been introduced*
These interfaces define an generic and common api how to deal with sets of data in TYPO3 Core.
A new Clipboard will be based upon this, as well as the possiblity to "group" tca records or files within a collection.
Furthermore the FAL layer will use them as an interface for the represantion of an "folder".
* *Frontend-Accessibility features have been integrated*
h2. What's next?
Many projects are targeted at TYPO3 4.7 and will be included in Core with the next pre-releases until the feature-freeze deadline which will occur on 3th February 2012. Further details you may see at [[http://news.typo3.org/news/article/typo3-47-with-standards-and-accessibility-to-a-new-decade]]
The Alpha2 release willl concentrate on ExtJS 4 upgrade and Backend Cleanup...
It seems to be the right time for you to give us a help by:
* Joining our teams,
* Reviewing issues that are already pending on the core list,
* Supply patches for new features or bug fixes,
* Participate in discussions on the typo3.projects.v4 list around new features and concepts.