TYPO3 47 alpha1 » History » Version 9
Oliver Hader, 2011-11-29 15:05
h1. TYPO3 4.7 alpha1
Released November, 29th 2011
h2. Upgrading and compatibility
This first alpha release of TYPO3 4.7 shows a snapshot of the current development on the road to the final version. TYPO3 4.7.0 will be released on April 24th 2012. This very release is focused on removing deprecated functionality from the core and a highly improved frontend rendering concerning web accessibility.
To upgrade an existing installation to 4.6.0alpha1, please consider the following steps:
* Open the Install Tool:
** Use the "Database COMPARE" section and apply all database schema changes.
** Use the "Update Wizard" to upgrade the compatibility version to 4.7.
h2. New installations
Try out the *introduction package* which provides a very easy way of installing TYPO3 and having some example setup already in place.
If you are interested in the new accessibility features shipped for the TYPO3 frontend, switch your *introduction package* to html5 mode or try out the new created *government package* which aims to be the *introduction packages* preconfigured for accessibility and usage in governmental agencies.
h2. What happened so far
* *Many unused and deprecated files have been removed in*
Please have these breaking changes in mind while upgrading
* *indexed_search has now an extensions available which uses MySQL fulltext feature*
If you want to use and try this feature, install the additional indexed_search_mysql extensions
* *ADOdb library has been raised to version 5.14*
* *Icons for file-links in frontend are configurable*
currently there is no documentation available, which will be improved soon
* *The caching framework now uses compressed DB backend by default for pages and page_sections*
If you have less CPU power but more database space, you might want to change this manually again
* *the system extension "linkvalidator" has been integrated as submodule*
take care to run _git submodule --init_ wenn working on GIT branch
* *A new set of interfaces called "collection interfaces" has been introduced*
These interfaces define an generic and common API how to deal with sets of data in TYPO3.
A new Clipboard will be based upon this, as well as the possiblity to "group" TCA records or files within a collection.
Furthermore FAL will use them as an interface for the represantion of an "folder".
* *Frontend-Accessibility features have been integrated*
The rendering of CSS Styles Content has been overworked to generate valid output for every selectable doktype.
Especially for HTML5 rendering CSS Styled Content has been overworked completely, to use the new possiblities, beeing as semantic as possible and reduce the amount of superflouus markup.
Furthermore no inline CSS is generated anymore.
All Tasks which had been solved for this grouped within this list: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-accessibility/issues?query_id=274
h2. What's next?
Many projects are targeted at TYPO3 4.7 and will be included in Core with the next pre-releases until the feature-freeze deadline which will occur on 3th February 2012. Further details you may see at http://news.typo3.org/news/article/typo3-47-with-standards-and-accessibility-to-a-new-decade
The Alpha2 release willl concentrate on ExtJS 4 upgrade and Backend Cleanup...
It seems to be the right time for you to give us a help by:
* Joining our teams,
* Reviewing issues that are already pending on the core list,
* Supply patches for new features or bug fixes,
* Participate in discussions on the typo3.projects.v4 list around new features and concepts.