IE8 crashes if list of recipients in Workspace is too long
|Priority:||Should have||Due date:|
|TYPO3 Version:||4.5||PHP Version:||5.3|
When a change is propagated from one stage to the next one, there is a popup to enter a list of e-mail-recipients. If the list of recipients is too long, a scrollbar appears. Using the scrollbar in IE causes the browser to crash.
TYPO3 Version 4.5.7
Updated by Ralf Merz about 1 year ago
I can confirm this.
When we have a recipient list that is so long that there is the scrollbar in the popup window, IE8 crashes when you want to scroll (click and move it).+
Ralf alias merzilla
I can confirm this too.
On IE8, if the recipient list is too long, the scroolbar appear. If I click on it => IE8 crash
On IE9, there is no visible JS error and no crash, but the size of the list change a little (1px visible border around the list)
Tested on :
TYPO3 v 4.5.22
TYPO3 v.4.7.7 (via TYPO3Winstaller)
Steps to reproduce :
1) install a fresh clean TYPO3 (ex : v4.7.7) and add a page and a content in tg
2) add at least 10 users with email (ex : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc....)
3) create a new "workspace" (ex : "crashdemo")
4) add the news users in all fields of the new workspace
5) switch to "crashdemo" workspace
6) change a content
7) switch to module "workspace"
8) send the content to "next step"
9) in the popin with the long list of users (and the scrollbar) try to click on scrollbar
10) wait for IE8 to crash :(
On TYPO3 V6.0.2-dev (on http://demo.typo3.org/typo3/ ), with the same steps, IE8 don't crash, but the list is unusable.
You can scroll, but the list don't move.
I hope that could help