Work Package #45013
Flexible plugin integration (TODO: Reviews)
Flexible plugin integration¶
- Target Audience: developers and integrators who want to use Neos
- Responsible: Marc Neuhaus
- Implemented by: Marc Neuhaus, Bastian Waidelich
- Amount: 20 work days
- Version: must have for 1.0
- Planned Implementation Timeframe: week 9 to 15, 2013
About ten years ago when Kasper presented the first version of the Extension Kickstarter that was a little sensation and resulted in a boost of contributions. Without it's extensibility and without the good old pibase TYPO3 would probably not be as popular as it is today.
For Neos we want to provide a solid plugin foundation right from the start.
Neos already contains a plugin TypoScript object but the current implementation is very basic to say the least. We need to work on that in order to make it very easy for people to write plugins and/or to turn Flow packages into a Neos plugin without having to mess with the original package code.
What has been started at #40599 will be used as base for this.
- MUST: Polished Backend UX (as described in #40599)
- MUST: "touchless" integration of Flow packages
- MUST: stable plugin API (provide a PluginService that can be used everywhere in order to fetch data about certain plugins & plugin views)
- MUST: documentation (developer guide, integrator guide, step-by-step example)
- MUST: solid test coverage
- COULD: example plugin showing off all relevant features of the API
#7 Updated by Sebastian Kurfuerst over 6 years ago
- File typo3neos-distribution-base-45013.pdf added
- Due date set to 2013-04-16
- Start date changed from 2013-01-31 to 2013-03-04
- Estimated time set to 120.00 h
Has been discussed with Jan-Hendrik from the EAB on 12.02.2013; and has been accepted on 15.02.2013 by the EAB.
(The attached PDF is a snapshot of this work package at the time of acceptance.)
So, Marc and Bastian, you can schedule this work package in your day-to-day calendar and implement it then -- can't wait to see it in Neos 1.0 :-)
Another side-note: Please do not forget to add comments to this work package and update "% done" while you are working on this package.
#8 Updated by Marc Neuhaus over 6 years ago
I've created a Distribution that i'll use to work on this Workpackage:
And i've created a really barebone Package for 'Contact Persons' that is in no way optimized as a Neos Plugin.
The goal is to integrate this as neatly as possible without any Neos specific changes.
#11 Updated by Marc Neuhaus over 6 years ago
This workpackage is ready to be reviewed :)
Here are all related Changesets in the flexible-plugin-integration topic:
Test it yourself:¶
I created a complete Distribution to make the testing simple:
You can easily set it up like this:
composer create-project -s dev workpackage/flexible-plugin-integration fpi cd fpi ./flow gerrit:update ./flow doctrine:migrate ./flow site:import --package-key TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org ./flow user:create admin joh316 max mustermann <pre>
#13 Updated by Bastian Waidelich almost 6 years ago
- Plugin Views
- Automatic link resolving
- A standard Flow controller as Plugin
Documentation of the plugin integration (#46322) is still somewhat sparse and could use some fine tuning