Since there are some features we'd like to achieve that aren't supported in Aloha and the fact that Drupal ditched Aloha after closely working with them in favor of CKEditor (http://buytaert.net/from-aloha-to-ckeditor).
Example of CKEditor inline editing http://ckeditor.com/demo#inline
Wanted features: Cut, copy, paste, redo, undo, find, replace, bold, italic, underlined, strikethrough, sup, sub, remove format, ul/ol lists, increase/reduce indent, text positioning (left, center, right, justify), insert links, tables, horizontal ruler, block format (h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, formatted, address, normal, article, aside, container, header, navigation, blockquote), font-family, font-size, font-color, background-color, source mode (HTML).
- Already integrated
- Existing link plugin
- Close connection to development team
- Not so solid user experience
- Missing wanted features
- Redo, undo, find, replace, increase/reduce indent, text positioning (left, center, right, justify), font-family, font-size, font-color, background-color, source mode (HTML)
- Unable to re-use for textarea (RTE)
- Supports all wanted features
- Same editor for inline editing and textarea (RTE)
- Already working with create.js (Implemented by Bergie)
- Can be used instead of both Aloha and Hallo
- Simple editing options for headlines
- Advanced editing options for text
- More solid user experience
- Larger community / more developers / more extensions
- Better default design
- Not already implemented
- Missing link plugin
Updated by Thomas Allmer over 8 years ago
while your are add it you could also check out the inline editing feature from TinyMCE
small Presentation of the latest changes:
has probably most of the Pros from CKEditor with an even larger community.
Definitely worth a look!!!