setToDefaultOnCopy prevents from moving relations when record is moved in list module (cut/paste)
I defined setToDefaultOnCopy for a field "content_elements" because i store the content-element uids in a MM table and when the record is copied the second record would have the same relation, so updating the content in the copied record would also change the original.
Anymay - I recognized, that the relation is also removed when the record is moved (using cut/paste). That should not happen i think, the actions cut and copy are not identical and should behave differently with this option.
Maybe you should have an option to define (for inline+mm elements) that the child record should be copied to... This only happens when using MM relation for inline fields.
#1 Updated by Philipp Wrann over 3 years ago
If you move a record with inline relations that are set as "setToDefaultOnCopy" you can not translate the relations anymore because the pid is different.
1) Add a field to some record that adds content_elements as inline-relations (like tx_news does)
2) set the field as setToDefaultOnCopy
3) move the record from one folder to another
4) create translation for that record
5) try to translate the relations -> wont work
The Installation runs TYPO3 6.2.9.