RTE doesn't know what to do with <media> tag and encodes the braces of tag
if i link from RTEhtmlarea 1.7.8 to an image (using media tab in document browser) the RTE inserts the link correctly.
If i then save the document, there is shown <media 5764>this is the link</media> and no hyperlink. If i then save again, the link is not rendered in the frontend, because the braces of the <media> tag are encoded (< >)
i use the media tab from dam instead of filebrowser
(issue imported from #M10772)
Updated by Administrator Admin over 12 years ago
I checked my localconf,php and there dam comes after rtehtmlarea.
However, I check the configuration of the dam extension and found that unchecking 'media tag' option results in the correct behavior.
Could it be that this switch is implemented the wrong way?
Updated by Alban Cousinie over 12 years ago
The config parameter for the <media> option of the DAM extension is documented like this in the backend ;
This adds the tag <media> to RTE content processing and frontend rendering. This is needed to create files links using DAM references. Additional page TSconfig may be needed to enable the media tag. See the manual for more information.
So it may not be a bug, but missing additional typoscript configuration may lead to visual appearance of the media tag in the frontend
Updated by Jochen Rieger over 12 years ago
Had the same problem... but changes to page TS Config (allowing meda tag) and especially changes to the TCA types array helped:
As far as I remember I even removed tx_dam from the mode where now only ts_css is set.
Updated by Juris Treibahs over 12 years ago
Had the same problems with tt_news - on first save <media> tag appeared, on second save in frontend <media> appreared as text. Solved problem with tt_news by adding TS config
RTE.config.tt_news.bodytext.proc.overruleMode = ts_css,txdam_media
RTE.config.tt_news.bodytext.types.text.proc.overruleMode = ts_css,txdam_media
RTE.config.tt_news.bodytext.types.textpic.proc.overruleMode = ts_css,txdam_media
to page TS config (select a page ->Edit page page properties ->Option tab ->TSconfig).
Befofe I tried to add this config to Template record, it did not give effect. Apparently it was because that was wrong place for RTE property.