sizes in viewpage preview frame selector should be configurable
Since #51148 the viewpage module shows a selector for frame sizes "based on most common sizes".
This is different in most projects (target group) so both, sizes and labels should be extendable and configurable with TSConfig.
[FEATURE] Make frame sizes in viewpage module configurable
Available sizes in viewpage module can be configured with Page
TSConfig mod.web_view.previewFrameWidths. Defining a height
property is optional.
Reviewed-by: Markus Klein
Tested-by: Markus Klein
Reviewed-by: Wouter Wolters
Tested-by: Wouter Wolters
#1 Updated by Ernesto Baschny over 6 years ago
- Category set to Backend User Interface
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Priority changed from Should have to Must have
There was a "lengthy" discussion after this feature was merged on Twitter, and this is indeed an important missing option of this new feature that I would like to see finished.
The choices of "Preview" are very project dependent and each implementation has it's own requirements and "sizes" it has to support. We need this configurable and the core only providing a very generic default set that is not so controversial as the current set.
Thanks for bringing that topic up here, Joh!
#4 Updated by Joh. Feustel over 6 years ago
- There must be a default option with width: auto
- Selection must be saved in session
- Frame should be resizeable and this manual value should also be stored in the session (as a new option)
- Frame margin must be visually separated from iframe