Bug #61154

"Migrate all file links of RTE-enabled fields to FAL" fails with "Reference index was probably out of date."

Added by Christoph Ascherl over 6 years ago. Updated about 3 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Must have
Assignee:
-
Category:
Install Tool
Target version:
-
Start date:
2014-08-22
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
6.2
PHP Version:
5.4
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
No
Sprint Focus:

Description

Meanwhile I did upgrades from TYPO3 4.7 to 6.2 for three different instances and every time I ran into this problem.
Reason are links in content elements of hidden or (from database point of view: logical) deleted pages where the target (usually the file in fileadmin) does not exist anymore.

cli_dispatch.phpsh lowlevel_refindex -c
does not detect these broken links. So this is a deadlock during migration.

I found this workaround which requires using a SQL client for the mysql database:
1) check if the result of this query matches the list of "Reference index was probably out of date" elements

select * from sys_refindex where softref_key = 'typolink_tag' AND ref_table = '_FILE';

2) If so you can update these records:

update sys_refindex set softref_key = 'typolink' where softref_key = 'typolink_tag' AND ref_table = '_FILE';

#1

Updated by Michael Ganner about 6 years ago

Christoph Ascherl wrote:

I found this workaround which requires using a SQL client for the mysql database:
1) check if the result of this query matches the list of "Reference index was probably out of date" elements
[...]

2) If so you can update these records:
[...]

I also ran into this problem. But the described workaround did the job perfectly :) Thank you!

#2

Updated by Uwe Jakobs over 5 years ago

Same problem with upgrading to 6.2.10.
Workaround confirmed. Thank you!

#3

Updated by Joe Schäfer over 5 years ago

Same problem while upgrading from 4.5.x to 6.2.11...

Workaround worked fine. Thank you!

#4

Updated by Heinrich Pegelow over 5 years ago

Same problem while upgrading from 4.5.40 to 6.2.11.

Workaround worked fine. Thank you!

#5

Updated by Andreas Drygala over 5 years ago

Same problem while upgrading from 6.0.12 to 6.2.12.

Workaround worked fine. Thank you!

#6

Updated by Thomas Beck over 5 years ago

Same problem while upgrading from 4.5.40 to 6.2.14.

#7

Updated by uwe no-lastname-given about 5 years ago

Same problem while upgrading from 4.5.40 to 6.2.15.

#8

Updated by Stefa No over 3 years ago

Same problem while upgrading from 4.5.40 to 6.2.30.

Workaround (=query 1&2) seemed to work fine.

Thank you!

#9

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi about 3 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed

Sorry, but this will not be fixed as TYPO3 6.2.x has reached its end of life.

christoph - Ascherl we owe you a big "thank you" for having provided a workaround that had so many positive feedbacks and will help the people in need of it.

Best Regards

Riccardo

Also available in: Atom PDF