Bug #77753

TYPO3 Translation User rights

Added by daniel no-lastname-given about 4 years ago. Updated about 3 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Should have
Assignee:
Category:
Backend User Interface
Target version:
Start date:
2016-09-01
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
7
PHP Version:
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
No
Sprint Focus:
On Location Sprint

Description

Hi,
I have TYPO3 7.6 installed. I have 2 languages installed. German(default) and Chinese.
I setted up a chinese user.
The user rights for the chinese user should be like this:
- the chinese user can only edit chinese contents
- the chinese user can make new records and stuff on the chinese language.

And there is the problem, i cannot say that the chinese user can only make new records in chinese language. The chinese user can always make new records in default language. I can lock the edit functionality for the default language for the chinese user but i can not lock the creation of new content elements for the default language for the chinese user.
Is this normal behaviour of TYPO3 or not?

Thank you.

#1

Updated by Daniel Maier about 4 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Accepted
  • Target version set to 8.4
  • Sprint Focus set to On Location Sprint
#2

Updated by Daniel Maier about 4 years ago

daniel no-lastname-given wrote:

Hi,
I have TYPO3 7.6 installed. I have 2 languages installed. German(default) and Chinese.
I setted up a chinese user.
The user rights for the chinese user should be like this:
- the chinese user can only edit chinese contents
- the chinese user can make new records and stuff on the chinese language.

And there is the problem, i cannot say that the chinese user can only make new records in chinese language. The chinese user can always make new records in default language. I can lock the edit functionality for the default language for the chinese user but i can not lock the creation of new content elements for the default language for the chinese user.
Is this normal behaviour of TYPO3 or not?

Thank you.

After a first look, I would say that it seems to be an issue of the Page-Module, which shows the "Add content" button even when the user is not allowed to create records in default language. The later handling of record-creation seems to be correct, allowing only the languages the user is restricted to, but not default.

#3

Updated by Daniel Maier about 4 years ago

  • Category set to Backend User Interface
#4

Updated by Daniel Maier about 4 years ago

  • Assignee set to Daniel Maier
#5

Updated by Gerrit Code Review about 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch master of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/49800

#6

Updated by Gerrit Code Review about 4 years ago

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_7-6 of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/49847

#7

Updated by Daniel Maier about 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
#8

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi about 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF