Naming conventions for extensions for extending Page TSconfig
What namespace should extensions use for naming the TSconfig settings (e.g. "tx_myext", "mod.tx_myext", "user.tx_myext" ...).
Should core and extension settings be separated?
How the namespace is also affects how they are displayed in "Info > Page TSconfig" (the order and if they can be selected in the select field"
1. Make it possible to easily find the settings in the filter options in "Info > Page TSconfig".
2. All extension TSconfig should be grouped together, not found in various places
3. They should be grouped logically
4. use an intuitive convention that is easy to remember
The difficulty is finding a good namespace. In mod, you have the namespaces per module, e.g mod.web_info, but you might rather want to group by extension key or group by third party extensions in general.
Examples for existing TSconfig:¶
Examples for extension TSconfig and how they are displayed.
- news: tx_news: only appears in "all" (this is what news uses)
- linkvalidator: mod.linkvalidator: appears in "all" and in "mod"
- direct_mail: mod.web_modules.dmail : appears in "Module: Web>Modules"