Enhance page modul
there are several issues concerning the page module (classic)
- CE's are not well separated
- the view is crowded with ungrouped icons
- there is too much info visible
- edit links are not consistent, some texts are not linked
- crop of text preview is hardcoded to 1500
- Headers are not consistent with list view
- CSH icon is at wrong position
- CSH of big buttons has wrong position
- quickedit has wrong order of funtion menus
- not unique width of columns looks bad
- difficult to get a visual focus, users are irretated
i tried to handle all issues in my patch, some screenshots are added
Beside the visual changes i did there are 3 new configuration params for usage in pageTS
var $showLanguageLabelInCE = false; // If set true, label for language will be shown in CE header
var $previewTextCropLength = 150; // sets length of preview text of CEs
var $columnWidth = 200; // fix width for columns
This has to be documented.
# this brings back the language labels in CE
showLanguageLabelInCE = 1 # sets preview text length
previewTextCropLength = 500 # sets fixed width for columns. For auto-width set it to 0
columnWidth = 280
(issue imported from #M8543)
#3 Updated by Chris topher over 11 years ago
This is really a great patch! This really improves usability a lot!
I especially like the idea of the adjustable column-width.
One usability-improvement I miss in this module is, that the "Show secondary options" is always shown.
If there was a way to hide this checkbox, that would be great.
Could you still add that small feature?
This would make the patch perfect!