Element browser should be more uniform in the parts tree, upload form and create folder form
The element browser's presentation is not the same in the three parts
- upload form
- create form
I suggest to change the presentation according to the following screenshots.
Just open the element browser in an image content element (by clicking on the folder icon)
The usability will be approved by
- not displaying the "display thumbnails" option if no folder was selected
- using the same paddings around the two lower upload & create folder forms
- switching the "override existing files" checkbox and the submit button in upload form
- adding a top/bottom padding to the "override existing files" checkbox
(issue imported from #M17942)
[FEATURE] Streamline element browser in tree, upload & create folder form
This patch makes the element browser more conform in the three parts by
adding padding to the upload/create folder forms. And move the "display
thumbnails" checkbox to the top of the right tree navigation (right
below the bulk actions).
Furthermore, the three parts are visually splitted by a border which
made it necessary to add new id attributes to the both forms in order
to make them adressable in the stylesheets.
Reviewed-by: Andreas Wolf
Tested-by: Andreas Wolf
#2 Updated by Lorenz Ulrich over 8 years ago
- File 25320_chrome.png View added
- File 25320_firefox.png View added
- File 25320_ie8.png View added
- Target version deleted (
Very nice catch - I always hated the look of the element browser. As soon as I can use port 29418 I will push another patch set. I removed the left 5px left margin of the headers and idented the file list by 10 pixels (as all other elements in the browser as idented 10px relative to the headers).
Additionally, I aligned the "Overwrite existing files" button, set a margin before the "Create folders" button and idented the thumbnails so that it makes more sense visually.
The three attached screenshot demonstrate that this works in Chrome/Firefox and IE8.