Bug #28684

Swiftmailer integration does not use charset definitions in all cases

Added by Sven Schoradt about 11 years ago. Updated almost 4 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Should have
Category:
Frontend
Target version:
-
Start date:
2011-08-02
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
4.5
PHP Version:
5.3
Tags:
Complexity:
medium
Is Regression:
Sprint Focus:

Description

The swiftmailer integration does not use the renderCharset and metaCharset in all cases.

This results in broken e-mail encoding in some cases.

The first case is in the formmail content element. Here no charset is set if metaCharset equals renderCharset.

The second case is a bug in swiftmailer itself. The charset of the message is not used if a new part is added.

I added a patch, that let it work in my cases.


Files

patch_typo4.5.5_core_swiftmailer.txt (2.61 KB) patch_typo4.5.5_core_swiftmailer.txt Patch agains Typo3 4.5.5 Sven Schoradt, 2011-08-02 15:56
#1

Updated by Jigal van Hemert about 11 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs Feedback
  • Assignee set to Jigal van Hemert
  • Complexity set to medium

Can you give the setup how to reproduce the problem?

The problem inside SwiftMailer itself has to be fixed by the author of SwiftMailer. The problem is already reported (quite some time ago):
http://swiftmailer.lighthouseapp.com/projects/21527/tickets/107--addparty-does-not-inherit-encoding

At first sight, it looks like the problem for TYPO3 could be solved by explicitly setting the charset for each part which is added.

#2

Updated by Sven Schoradt over 10 years ago

Jigal van Hemert wrote:

Can you give the setup how to reproduce the problem?

We add a contact form as form content. The email send, after submitting the form has broken characters.

#3

Updated by Mr. Hudson over 10 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs Feedback to Under Review

Patch set 1 of change I712128156ee86e1d2372fef826703fb35a3b1122 has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/6744

#4

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 10 years ago

Patch set 2 for branch master has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/6744

#5

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 10 years ago

Patch set 3 for branch master has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/6744

#6

Updated by Jigal van Hemert over 10 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
#7

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 10 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_4-6 has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/8910

#8

Updated by Jigal van Hemert over 10 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
#9

Updated by Gerrit Code Review about 10 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_4-5 has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/13006

#10

Updated by Jigal van Hemert about 10 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
#11

Updated by Benni Mack almost 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF