Bug #33448

Loading of an IRRE element with subtabs freezes and breaks browsers

Added by Stefan Galinski over 10 years ago. Updated almost 5 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Should have
Category:
Backend User Interface
Target version:
Start date:
2012-01-25
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
4.6
PHP Version:
5.3
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
Sprint Focus:

Description

This happens only if the parent element and the IRRE container has tabs and the IRRE element is opened via AJAX manually, because this is the only constellation where the related tab javascript code is loaded twice. Exactly this should be the root cause of all evil, but I didn't tested it.

Quick Solution

Set the divider2tabs option to false for any IRRE tables in the TCA.

Example:

$TCA['<irreTable>']['ctrl']['dividers2tabs'] = FALSE;


Related issues

Has duplicate TYPO3 Core - Bug #32211: BE Tabs not workingClosed2011-11-30

Actions
Has duplicate TYPO3 Core - Bug #32019: Inline record breaks tabsClosed2011-11-23

Actions
#1

Updated by Ernesto Baschny over 10 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs Feedback

Hi Stefan, could you please share some more detailed info on how to reproduce it? Maybe some example TCA or PHP code?

And does this also happen in TYPO3 4.5?

Thanks!

#2

Updated by Stefan Galinski over 10 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs Feedback to Accepted
  • PHP Version set to 5.3

Steps to Reproduce

  1. Install the extension df_tools and set the storage page inside the configuration
  2. Go to the new BE module and open the external linkchecker function
  3. Do the initial synchronization step by clicking the button at the upper right corner
  4. Open the previously set storage page with the web->list module
  5. Open a linkcheck record
  6. Open a related recordset that will be loaded with AJAX inline
  7. Finally try to use the tabs of the main linkcheck record

This bug happens since TYPO3 4.6 and could be related to the merging of the generated inline javascript as the tabs javascript was previously in 4.5 added inline to the document. I set this to accepted, because the issue appeared with two different extensions in two different installations in the same way.

EDIT: I retested the issue with enabled debug mode and the bug didn't occured afterwards. Good chances that the concatenation of the scripts causes the issue. I will try to fix it and just hope that the god of reviews will help in the Gerrit process. ;-)

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['debug'] = 1;
#3

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 10 years ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch master has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/8728

#4

Updated by Stefan Galinski over 10 years ago

  • Assignee set to Stefan Galinski
  • Target version set to 4.6.5
#5

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 10 years ago

Patch set 2 for branch master has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/8728

#6

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 10 years ago

Patch set 3 for branch master has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/8728

#7

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 10 years ago

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_4-6 has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/8923

#8

Updated by Stefan Galinski over 10 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
#9

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF