Project

General

Profile

Actions

Bug #41906

closed

TCEMAIN.translateToMessage = LLL:EXT:foobar/locallang_be.xml:translateTo not working anymore

Added by Josef F. Glatz (Old User) over 11 years ago. Updated over 5 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Should have
Assignee:
-
Category:
Localization
Target version:
Start date:
2012-10-12
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
4.7
PHP Version:
5.3
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
Sprint Focus:

Description

For long time I'm using PageTSconfig TCEMAIN.translateToMessage with a value to be translated. Since TYPO3 4-7 the translation is not performed. I know that changes have been made in translationhandling. I didn't found any possible hint.

cheers,
Jousch


Files

41906.diff (764 Bytes) 41906.diff Franz Holzinger, 2013-09-20 11:10
Actions #1

Updated by Franz Holzinger over 10 years ago

I have found a very similar issue. So I add it here.
If a user loads translations from the translation server, and if there are no translations available, then all translations coming from the extension's files and setup are removed. And not even the default language is used.

E.g you have the translation files in the folder
/typo3conf/l10n/de/tt_products

All translated values in the file de.locallang_db.xml are empty:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<T3locallangExt>
  <data type="array">
    <languageKey index="de" type="array">
            <label index="tstamp"/>
            <label index="crdate"/>
            <label index="tt_products"/>
            <label index="tt_products.accessory_uid"/>
            <label index="tt_products.prod_uid"/>
            <label index="tt_products.related_uid"/>
            <label index="tt_products.price"/>
            <label index="tt_products.price2"/>
            <label index="tt_products.unit"/>
            <label index="tt_products.unit_factor"/>
            <label index="tt_products.graduated_price_uid"/>
            <label index="tt_products.note_uid"/>
            <label index="tt_products.note"/>


However the original file of the extension tt_products has those translations:
        <languageKey index="de" type="array">
            <label index="tstamp">Zeitstempel</label>
            <label index="crdate">Bestelldatum</label>
            <label index="tt_products">Produkte</label>
            <label index="tt_products.prod_uid">Template Produkte</label>
            <label index="tt_products.accessory_uid">Zubehör</label>
            <label index="tt_products.related_uid">verwandte Produkte</label>
            <label index="tt_products.price">Preis:</label>
            <label index="tt_products.price2">Preis (2):</label>
            <label index="tt_products.discount">Möglicher Rabatt:</label>

So the function readLLXMLfile removes all the already read in translations. This breaks the extension in the FE and BE and makes it unusable for all languages except English.

I have attached a patch which fixes this issue for TYPO3 4.5.30.

Actions #2

Updated by Franz Holzinger over 10 years ago

  • Target version changed from 4.5.30 to next-patchlevel
Actions #3

Updated by Gerrit Code Review about 9 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch master of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/35948

Actions #4

Updated by Gerrit Code Review about 9 years ago

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_6-2 of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/35967

Actions #5

Updated by Benni Mack about 9 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 60 to 100
Actions #6

Updated by Benni Mack over 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF