Can't enter years before 1902 in date-fields
I never thought yet about a user-function or another way to work around this issue, but I'd prefer this issue being fixed instead of something else.
Updated by David Bruchmann almost 5 years ago
To describe the problem a bit more:
- The datepicker from ExtJS (implemented in TYPO3, at least 6.2) can handle dates back to year 0.
- MySQL-datetime can handle dates starting with year 1000. This general option was implemented by Xavier already.
- The Datetime-functions of AdoDB can handle years back to year 0, with adjustments probably further back too.
- Some databases can handle dates that go further back than 0, i.e. PgSQL can handle approximative -4500
- Some PHP-Functions might limit the handling of dates too.
I think a really cool approach would be to enable TYPO3 to take dates older than 0.
I planned working on it but never found the time yet and in the moment I never see any time-window in nearer future.