Bug #71857

Backend menue disappears in 7.6.0 with Chrome an Firefox Browser on Win8.1

Added by Eckard Gehrke over 6 years ago. Updated almost 5 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Must have
Assignee:
Category:
Backend User Interface
Target version:
Start date:
2015-11-26
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
7
PHP Version:
5.6
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
No
Sprint Focus:

Description

Hi,
when I open the backend of 7.6.0 I can not use the menue because it vanishes when I click on an item in the x-panel

<div class="x-panel-body x-panel-body-noheader x-panel-body-noborder" id="ext-gen12" style="overflow: auto; width: 250px; height: 535px;"><ul class="nav nav-modules" data-typo3-role="typo3-module-menu" id="typo3-menu">

such as Page 
(http://localhost/typo3_src_760/typo3/index.php?M=web_layout&moduleToken=fa0660d99e5060a322bee27858d06c3170905aa4)

then only the inner part appears (<div class="module-body t3js-module-body" style="padding-top: 90px;">).

whereas when I click in the innerpart (<div class="typo3-aboutmodules-inner-docbody">) of the about module on page (http://localhost/typo3_src_760/typo3/index.php?M=help_AboutmodulesAboutmodules&moduleToken=843cf214abeb5b60992d2d87ff3e9698288eed5c#) then the link works, I see the page tree within complete ypo3 backend.

I attached two screenshots: backend1 and backend_parts_only which is the result clicking in the x-menue on an item in Chrome and in Firefox.

Best regards
Eckard.


Files

backend1.jpg (197 KB) backend1.jpg Eckard Gehrke, 2015-11-26 13:44
backend_parts_only.jpg (33.6 KB) backend_parts_only.jpg Eckard Gehrke, 2015-11-26 13:44
#1

Updated by Eckard Gehrke over 6 years ago

Additional remark:
I checked the issue with 7.5 from a fresh install of the sources and there the issue does not occur.
Google and Firefox are on latest versions.
Best regards
Eckard.

#2

Updated by Markus Klein over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs Feedback

I have no Win8.1 at hand, but it works without issues on Win10 with latest FF/Chrome on latest master (7.6.1-dev)

Can you please try to reproduce this with the latest version from git?
Also please flush the caches of the browser manually, just to be sure.

#3

Updated by Michael Rehm over 6 years ago

I have the same issue in Firefox (v 42). In SRWare Iron 39.0.2100.0 (Chrome) it works fine and also (unbelievable) in the IE 11.

I have Windows 7 running and Typo3 7.6.0

#4

Updated by Markus Klein over 6 years ago

@Rehm: Please also try again with latest version from git. We already have 125 bugfixes since the release of the LTS, so it could well be that this is fixed already.

#5

Updated by Eckard Gehrke over 6 years ago

Hi Markus,
I tested it now with latest 7.6.1-dev from todoay and problem is solved for me in IE11 and Google Chrome but not in Firefox.
Best regards
Eckard.

#6

Updated by Eckard Gehrke over 6 years ago

Hi Markus,
as already discussed in slack the reason seems to be in storage.js & ContextHelp.js.
The problem occurs only when from local file via link the typo3 backend is started. Opening backend in a new window/instance of chrome this does not happen.
The reason seems to be in storage.js that window.opener seems to be local file then and Chrome raises an js-error.
IE seems to ignore that fact.
Best regards
Eckard.

#7

Updated by Markus Klein over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs Feedback to Accepted
  • Assignee set to Markus Klein
  • Target version set to 7.6.1

We need to catch such security errors if possible and handle that.

The fact that "ContextHelp.js" is loaded for the BE login was another bug which is fixed meanwhile.

#8

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch master of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/45093

#9

Updated by Markus Klein over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
#10

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF