"Copy default content elements"-Button is shown even if an editor hasn't access to this CType
Currently TYPO3 doesn't check if an editor has access* for a specific CType before showing the "Copy default content elements"-Button.
It would be nice if the button only shows up if the editor actually can copy the content element.
*I restrict some CTypes to specific user groups with the "Explicitly allow/deny field values:" option.
Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 4 years ago
This is what I've discovered testing this issue with both 7.6.15 and 8.7-dev (latest master):
1. "copy default content element" is present only on 6.2; recent versions have a "translate" button
2. when clicking on "translate" button only the CEs allowed for the editor gets copied
3. translation wizards lists all the content elements when doing the copies
4. "translate" button is present even if there are only content elements that are forbidden for the editor. it has no effect, but it is still present and clickable.
Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 3 years ago
I have performed a test with 8.7.9; I can confirm that
- even if the page contains only elements that are not allowed for the editor, the "Translate" button is still present
- the button is clickable; it does not translate elements, but triggers the issue #72975 if one of the content element has FAL relations