formengine tree appearance allowRecursiveMode has no effect
The allowRecursiveMode setting was implemented here https://forge.typo3.org/issues/25061,
and documented https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/Reference/Columns/Select/Index.html#treeconfig
however it does not work at the moment.
- setting allowRecursiveMode has no influence right now
- user is able to switch from normal mode to recursive mode by green arrow icon on top of the tree (the one which looks like "refresh" icon...). This button works independently from allowRecursiveMode
- there is another setting in JS 'tcaSelectRecursive' which controls whether recursive mode is enabled by default or not, however it's hardcoded to false.
#2 Updated by Tymoteusz Motylewski over 3 years ago
The documentation says:
allowRecursiveMode (boolean) : If set to true, the selection of a node will trigger the selection of all child nodes too (recursively).
However the commit message from this feature https://review.typo3.org/#/c/958/ says:
new Option in tcaTree[appearence]: allowRecursiveMode If true, a toggle button in the toolbar is activated. If you toggle the button, a selection of a node, will automatically select/unselect all childnodes recursively, too.
1. How does it suppose to work in combination with the recursive on/off button?
Setting allowRecursiveMode to 'true' should make the tree work in recursive mode or just show/hide the button?
2. Is this feature still needed/valid? When implemented 4 years ago, the purpose was to ease handling o "record storage page".
But now we have "recursive" select box using which user can set recursion level.