Inaccurate count of query results with legacy translation overlay handling
When the legacy translation overlay handling is used (
consistentTranslationOverlayHandling = 0 or TYPO3 CMS v8) in conjunction with the language overlay mode 'hideNonTranslated', hidden translations of records will be taken into account when the count of a QueryResult is calculated.
The reason this occurs is that the whitelist of available localizations is selected without checking enableFields in
\TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Persistence\Generic\Storage\Typo3DbQueryParser::getSysLanguageStatement:817. While fetched records will be filtered correctly as they’re passed through
\TYPO3\CMS\Frontend\Page\PageRepository::getRecordOverlay, this does not apply to the calculated count.
Steps to reproduce¶
- Set up an Environment using TYPO3 CMS v9 or v8
- Add a website language
- If using TYPO3 CMS v9, add the following line to your TypoScript setup:
config.tx_extbase.features.consistentTranslationOverlayHandling = 0
config.sys_language_overlay = hideNonTranslated
- Create some localizable records (e.g. sys_category) and translate them
- Hide some of those translations
- Create some sort of output (plugin, userFunc) which utilizes an Extbase query to fetch all records and displays the count of all records received
- On the translated page you will notice a number which equals the total of your translations, including the hidden ones
#2 Updated by Gerrit Code Review 4 months ago
Patch set 2 for branch 9.5 of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/c/Packages/TYPO3.CMS/+/59411