Allow mass editing, renaming and downloading of files / folders in Filelist
FIlelist should have the possibility for mass editing of their meta data and also mass download of folders an files. Generally a multiple selection would be very usefull.
Updated by Oliver Bartsch 3 months ago
- Subject changed from Filelist to Allow mass editing, renaming and downloading of files / folders in Filelist
- Category set to Backend User Interface
- Private changed from Yes to No
- Tags set to filelist, ux, usability
With the clipboard it's possible to select multiple files at once, but the only actions one can perform with the selection is to copy or to delete.
These actions should be extended to also allow mass ...
- editing of meta data (Example use-case: A editor uploads a new set of images - maybe from some event - and wants to add copyright notices, location info, and so on. It's really time-consuming to edit each file individually)
- renaming of files / folders (Example use-case: Adding some pre/postfix to files and folders)
- downloading of files / folders (Example use-case: Some time ago files were uploaded to TYPO3 and are now needed on some other platform as well)