Bug #16762

User Management: Modules maximum

Added by mback2k over 14 years ago. Updated over 3 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Must have
Assignee:
Category:
Backend API
Target version:
Start date:
2006-12-05
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
4.0
PHP Version:
5.2
Tags:
Complexity:
no-brainer
Is Regression:
Sprint Focus:

Description

I have installed some backend extensions for TYPO3 and I have also coded some own backend extensions.

While administrating the user modules I found out, that there is a limitation, because the userMods field is limited to 255 bytes.

I am getting this error if I select too many modules:
These fields are not properly updated in database: (userMods) Probably value mismatch with fieldtype.

I have now fixed this problem, by reducing the length of the extension names.

(issue imported from #M4609)


Files

4609.diff (537 Bytes) 4609.diff Administrator Admin, 2010-08-21 16:35
#1

Updated by Ulrich Fischer almost 11 years ago

TYPO3 Ver. 4.3.2: I can confirm this problem.
Field userMods: varchar(255)
If there are some modules, that is easily to small.

#2

Updated by Sven Juergens over 10 years ago

added a patch for that issue

#3

Updated by Ulrich Fischer almost 10 years ago

  • Assignee set to TYPO3 Release Team
  • Target version changed from 0 to 4.5.4

TYPO3 Ver. 4.5.3: The problem still remains.
Fielddefinition of userMods is varchar(255).
If there are some modules, that is easily to small.
The field has only to be changed to text. Is there anything to be said against it?

#4

Updated by Oliver Hader over 9 years ago

  • Target version changed from 4.5.4 to 4.5.6
#5

Updated by Chris topher over 9 years ago

  • Target version changed from 4.5.6 to 4.5.8
#6

Updated by Ernesto Baschny over 9 years ago

  • Target version changed from 4.5.8 to 4.5.12
#7

Updated by Philipp Gampe almost 8 years ago

  • Category set to Backend API
  • Status changed from New to Accepted
  • Assignee changed from TYPO3 Release Team to Philipp Gampe
  • Priority changed from Should have to Must have
  • PHP Version changed from 4 to 5.2
  • Complexity set to no-brainer

Old one, but still valid ...

#8

Updated by Gerrit Code Review almost 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch master has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/20885

#9

Updated by Gerrit Code Review almost 8 years ago

Patch set 2 for branch master has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/20885

#10

Updated by Philipp Gampe almost 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
#11

Updated by Ernesto Baschny almost 8 years ago

The database schema was changed in order to fix this bug. This is unusual for a patch level release, but we decided to backport it anyway with the following rationale:

  • New installations get the correct field definition from start (bug fixed).
  • Old installations updating to the newest patch level by simply updading the TYPO3 Sources (usual procedure): No change of functionality, nothing breaks. But the bug won't be fixed.
  • Old installations which need this bug fixed need to apply the TYPO3 Source Upgrade and do an one time "Database Compare" in the Install Tool afterwards.

So the last step is optional and only required if you are really hit by this bug.

As usually the ACL for available BE modules are configured at group level (and not at user level), most integrations won't be affected by this bug anyway.

#12

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF