indexed_search should allways include indexed pages for "not logged in" user
logged in users dont get a result of queries, if they no member of the same groups visit the page before.
i request to include the patch of Zappelphilipp posted at http://www.typo3.net/forum/list/list_post//53493/ to include in the core of indexed_search.
(issue imported from #M5510)
Updated by Daniel Poetzinger over 13 years ago
I just update a big intranet from 3.8 to 4.1.1
behaviour in 3.8:
- the indexed search cache is build with wget (no login)
- every websiteuser is logged in.
- they can find results in indexed search
behaviour in 4.1.1 (with indexed serach 2.10)
- user are not able to find any results
I suggest a new configuration directive in indexed_search:
with this behaviour:
- no: no filtering: all results found are shown (if usergroup did not match we can show a message like "result is indexed for another group - view may differ")
- strict: result are filtered strict: means only results are shown which has the same grlist (like it is now)
- hasaccess: only page permissions are checked (if user has access to the page the result is shown. -> i guees this will be best default setting.
=> i guess we are able to sponsor this feature/bug. Please contact me.
Updated by Dmitry Dulepov over 10 years ago
That patch comes from somebody, who does not understand how indexed search works...
When you index, you must specify exactly what group combinations your users have. For example, if a page has group combinations like: "0,-1", '0,-2,1,2" and "0,-2,2,3" but your user has "0,-2,3,2", nothing will be found! The list must match exactly. Notice that 0,-1 is always for anonymous and 0,-2 is prepended to any groups that user has. But groups still must match ones you have in the crawler configuration. That's all.
Not a bug really. This about understanding only.