Integrate TYPO3 donate notice in the backend
At the Q&A of the TYPO3 Association session of the T3CON09-Frankfurt 2009 some hundred agreed to have donation notice in the TYPO3 backend to remind users about their benefit they have with TYPO3...Here are the facts:
- new modal window based on ExtJS
- window has the buttons "donate now", "don't show again", "remind me later"
- will be displayed after 90 days passed by since the first login of a backend user
- will be displayed when loading the backend.php class (thus, only once)
- will be displayed when logging out and the "remind me later" button was clicked
The donate_teaser.png image must be copied to the new typo3/sysext/t3skin/images/general/ folder.
(issue imported from #M13868)
Updated by Marcus Krause about 11 years ago
I wasn't present at T3CON so I don't know any details.
IMHO, showing such "popup" should only happen for admin users. Think of a huge organization that has plenty of BE users. Most of them won't be in a position to donate money or won't initialize an evaluation if management should donate.Doing so:
- will decrease the number of people who see such popup but
- annoy less persons that won't donate anyway