XLIFF: Invalid handling of overlays for unavailable language
it seems the following occurs, if user-language isn't english:
PHP Catchable Fatal Error: Argument 2 passed to t3lib_div::array_merge_recursive_overrule() must be an array, null given, called in /typo3/sysext/lang/lang.php on line 554 and defined in /t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php line 1867
Updated by Markus Klein about 10 years ago
Switched BE to German and page properties work just fine.
Seems like in line 546
$tempLL = t3lib_div::readLLfile($fileRef, $language, $this->charSet);
readLLfile returns NULL.
But according to the comment:
@return array Value of $LOCAL_LANG found in the included file. If that array is found it will returned. Otherwise an empty array and it is FALSE in error case.
NULL is not a valid return value, so there seems to be a problem with the underlying lang_factory.
Updated by Tommy Juhnke about 10 years ago
I've experienced the same. Steps to reproduce:
- switch to a non-english backend language (e.g german)
- install ext:tscobj and try to insert a ext:tscobj-plugin on an arbitrary page -> bang!
After that, I fiddled around a little bit in the core files and came to the
conclusion that in the file "locallang_db.php" of ext:tscobj the german language
wasn't available. After adding it, the Fatal error don't raised again...
I think the new language fallback functionality doesn't work correctly.
I didn't found time yet to do further debugging, but maybe this report helps
somebody to dig deeper into this issue.
edit: Sorry, the issue was originally posted for opening page properties, but my report
belongs to opening a page in the page module. Don't know if this is belongs to each other
but I guess t3lib_div::readLLfile() is defect...
Updated by Robert Grede about 10 years ago
I tried this with different extensions and can confirm this:
usually, the english language is included in all extensions by default, so all works fine. If another language is set in the user option, witch is not included in an extensions locallang, the error-msg comes up.
Updated by Hendrik Reimers about 10 years ago
on my Extension default (englisch) and german language is complete available. But the error doesn't go away. Also i become this message on tt_news. Another crazy thing is the missing tab titles on the first two tabs in the extension manager.
hope anyone can help