Live search does not find all tables
The live search in the TYPO3 backend does not find content in all the expected tables, because it forgets to load the full TCA. Thus looping on column names does nothing.
NOTE: I'll open a separate issue for 4.6+, because the problem is compound there by having forgotten to apply the new search properties of the TCA (see #26829) to the live search.
Updated by Francois Suter about 12 years ago
- create a record for any table that's not fully loaded by default (let's assume you take the "examples" extension and create a haiku record
- enter text "xyz" in whatever passes for a title for that record type
- save and close
- type "xyz" in the live search and observe that your record does not show up
- click "Show All" and observe that your shows up in normal BE search
- apply the patch
- search again for "xyz" in live search => your record should be visible now (provided it's among the first 5 results)