Invisible required-icon blocks mousefocus of non-required inputfields
Backend User Interface
If an input-field is not required (e.g. "alternative navigation title" when creating a page) you cannot focus the start of the input-field (blue area in screenshot). An invisible clear.gif of t3-form-palette-icon-required blocks the focus when clicking on it.
For required-fields the visible icon at least has a visual reason why clicking there is not possible.
This problem at least exists in TYPO3 4.5.11 and 4.6.4 in IE 9, Firefox 10 and Chrome 17. Older versions of TYPO3 (e.g. 4.4.13) do not have this bug.
Still exists in 6.0.0-dev. See Screenshot. This is especially disturbing when you try to select text in an RTE in that area.
I suggest to add a class name like "tceforms-required" to the input/textarea/RTE/selectfield and use "background-image" to display the icon. Not sure if this will work for all TCA types.
- Target version changed from 6.0.0-alpha2 to 6.0.1
- Status changed from New to Under Review
- Target version changed from 6.0.1 to next-patchlevel
The patch does not fix the issue in IE7. If someone really wants this fixed in IE7, another patch should be created.
- TYPO3 Version changed from 4.6 to 6.0
Issue is not critical enough for 4.7 & 4.5, will not be merged there.
- Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom