RTE in frontend with IE9: Use IE8 standards mode (TYPO3 4.5)
RTE (rtehtmlarea + ckeditor)
htmlarea in frontend-extension does not work correctly in IE9 Standard Mode. The problem: DropDowns (blockstyles etc.) and other tools overlap and the dropdows dont drop down. (See picture). I tried it in 4.5.11 and also with the latests Snapshot from GIT. I deleted all own css and used htmlarea in typical mode without any configuration. In the backend all works normal.
In TYPO3 4.5, the problem is due to ExtJS 3.3 which does not fully support IE9.
The following patch will let the RTE, when used in frontend, add a meta tag instructing IE9 to use IE8 standards mode.
- Status changed from New to Under Review
- Subject changed from htmlarea in frontend - IE9 Standard to RTE in frontend with IE9: Use IE8 standards mode (TYPO3 4.5)
- Assignee set to Stanislas Rolland
- Target version set to 4.5.13
Gerrit Code Review wrote:
Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_4-5 has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/9506
Please test this patch.
- Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom