Extensions order changing in LocalConfiguration.php during extensions update
During the update of an extension, the order of extensions is changing in LocalConfiguration.php.
Potentially this behaviour could break the site in production.
We've extended News extension, and after it's update from TER, News appears after news_custom_extension in LocalConfiguration.php
So, ext_tables.php and ext_localconf.php, which should override some News parameters are overrided itself.
In my case, I'd to manually reorder extension array after the extension update.
I suppose, the update should keep the order of installed extensions.
not easy to solve: upgrade just deinstalls, fetchs and installs again.
Possible solutions : or to keep in the session the good order of previously installed extensions and to do reordering at the end of update procedure.
Or not to touch the variable of installed extensions at all.
Just a note on this. For 6.2 you should define a dependency on news. The package manager will properly load news before your extension.
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Assignee set to Nicole Cordes
- Target version set to next-patchlevel
- Status changed from Accepted to Under Review
- Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom