Typoscript option "sendCacheHeaders": ETag with extra quotes / ETag not used
With the Typoscript-Configuration "config.sendCacheHeaders = 1" several Cache-Headers are activated, ETag being one of them, but it is not working as expected.
- The ETag is sent with extra quotes, i.e.
- When a request is made including the request header
If-None-Match: ""0029b4c9a24477f3b90651f7caa85cf5"", a HTTP 200 ist sent back along with the content, instead of a 304 as it should be.
Updated by Benni Mack over 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Needs Feedback
OK. I checked some more things:
- Wikipedia states using ETag with quotes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_ETag, the original specification does not state that (I didn't find anything)
- Dmitry added this functionality in 2008 (Issue #10012 but could not find it) due to some "incorrect" behaviour back then
- Chrome does it right, Firefox (current version) adds a double-quote, so that rather goes into "it's a firefox issue"
Can you also check some other browsers?
Updated by Markus no-lastname-given over 3 years ago
The original system I needed the feature for is no longer available to me.
I tried the config setting in current TYPO3 8.7.1, but don't seem to be getting an E-Tag at all now. I don't know if the feature has been removed or I forgot some conflicting setting. :-/
Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Needs Feedback to Closed
@Markus no-lastname-given, I am closing your ticket for now;
If you think that this is the wrong decision or experience this issue again, then please reopen it or open a new ticket and add a relation to this ticket number. Thank you!