Bug #76038

copying page with a translation - the copied translated page is not hidden and has the same title of the original page

Added by Riccardo De Contardi about 6 years ago. Updated over 3 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Should have
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
2016-05-03
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
7
PHP Version:
5.6
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
No
Sprint Focus:

Description

I tested with both 6.2.22 and 8.1.1-dev (latest master)

Steps to reproduce:

1) have a multilanguage installation (In my case, ITA, ENG)
2) create a new page ("TEST")
3) translate it ("TEST ENG")
4) on pagetree > select "TEST" > left click > page actions > copy
4.1) left click > page actions > paste after

RESULT:

the copied page has title "TEST (Copy 1)" and is hidden (correct)
the translated copied page has title "TEST ENG" (as the original) and is not hidden (not much correct IMHO)

#1

Updated by Gerrit Code Review about 6 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch master of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/48071

#2

Updated by Zbigniew Jacko about 6 years ago

My patch add this functionality to page_overlay_record, but only when you copy direclty pages_language_overlay, not when you copy a page (it normal behaviour of typo3 when copied a record which has child records).

#3

Updated by Gerrit Code Review about 6 years ago

Patch set 2 for branch master of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/48071

#4

Updated by Gerrit Code Review about 6 years ago

Patch set 3 for branch master of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/48071

#5

Updated by Zbigniew Jacko about 6 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
#6

Updated by Daniel Neugebauer almost 6 years ago

This would be a very useful feature for 7 LTS as well, if it worked... With the new RealURL, collisions unresolvable by editors are even more likely to occur by accident, so I tried to add that copy suffix using the following snippet in our ext_tables.php. While it works if I copy translated page properties in List mode, it does not apply when copying pages which renders it useless...

// use same copy title suffix for translated page properties as for original pages
// only applies if not defined by TYPO3 itself (or other extensions)
if (!isset($GLOBALS['TCA']['pages_language_overlay']['ctrl']['prependAtCopy']) && isset($GLOBALS['TCA']['pages']['ctrl']['prependAtCopy'])) {
    $GLOBALS['TCA']['pages_language_overlay']['ctrl']['prependAtCopy'] = $GLOBALS['TCA']['pages']['ctrl']['prependAtCopy'];
}

// hide translated page properties by default
$GLOBALS['TCA']['pages_language_overlay']['ctrl']['hideAtCopy'] = '1';

Not sure if it works this way in TYPO3 8 but if it only applies to explicitely copied page translations, not a translated page, this feature is pretty useless and the issue has not been resolved yet...

If TYPO3 8 got modified so it applies ctrl properties to pages_language_overlay if the page is being copied, it would be great if that patch could be backported to 7 as well.

#7

Updated by Christian Toffolo over 5 years ago

Patch https://review.typo3.org/48071 works only if the copy is made directly copying a 'pages_language_overlay' record in the List module. Instead this bug report states that the problem is when a BE user copies a 'pages' record and this is the real useful case of adding a "(copy n)" to language overlays.
Sorry but this bug is not resolved.

#8

Updated by Adrien Jacob over 4 years ago

  • TYPO3 Version changed from 6.2 to 7

I confirm this issue is quite bothering when using realurl, especially on websites with many languages, as any page copy/paste results in instant URL conflicts, which are usually difficult to diagnose for editors.

#9

Updated by Benni Mack over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF