Copying and editing a translated page results in (at least) doubled content
today we encountered a heavy core bug when copying a translated page.
We use TYPO 7.6.16 and you can reproduce this bug by just setting up a clean system with one additional language.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a page and put some content elements on it
- Make a translation of this page
- (Switch to language mode view in the page module)
- Translate the content elements in the translation mode of the copy/translate wizard after clicking the translate button
- Copy that page via right click in page tree and paste after the original page
- Open the copied page by clicking the copied page in the page tree
- Add a new content element in the default language column
- Click translate button to localize new content element
Now all already translated content elements on the translated page will be translated (again) except the new one. See attached screenshot for those elements that are going to be translated with the copy/translation wizard.
So copying a translated page and adding new elements results in doubled content on the translated page. And the new elements are not translated.
#6 Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
We feel really sorry but this issue will not be fixed on version 7.6.x as it is in "priority bugfix mode" and only critical and security bugfixes will be performed.
The issue reported would involve a very deep DataHandler rework with high chances to introduce even more issues.