Bug #82083

Show all search in BE is extremly slow

Added by András Ottó 2 months ago. Updated 27 days ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Must have
Assignee:
-
Category:
Backend User Interface
Target version:
-
Start date:
2017-08-11
Due date:
% Done:

100%

TYPO3 Version:
8
PHP Version:
7.0
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
Sprint Focus:

Description

If I make a search in the BE I see the autosuggest to pop-up in 1-2 second. If I click on the "Show all" button in the dropdown it takes 2 minutes to see the values.

Version: 8.7.4.
Pages: 880
Records: around 1000 in total.

Example image:
Searchword Impres

Results:
8 pages
2 content elements
5 languages -> (I don't understand why?!)
10 different records.

Reproduced on two servers and a local vagrant.

Another confirmation from Marc Tusch in Slack:
"Confirmed behaviour at a TYPO3 8.7.3 instance with ~2.500 pages... never tried the BE search so far, but true, suggestions come within some seconds, full results need around 1.20min."

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-11 um 10.33.50.png View (64.7 KB) András Ottó, 2017-08-11 10:36

Associated revisions

Revision d1390358 (diff)
Added by Susanne Moog 27 days ago

[BUGFIX] Do not recalculate PIDs for every query in BE search

The backend search "Show all" link recalculated allowed PIDs for
the current user for all search operations resulting in an
exponentially increasing amount of sql queries depending on the
number of pages in an installation.

As the list of allowed pages for the user does not change during
the request, it is enough to calculate it once.

Change-Id: I9262a5d8425d04cb4ff1e35b2c3cc0ec96b8fa53
Resolves: #82083
Releases: master, 8.7
Reviewed-on: https://review.typo3.org/53930
Tested-by: TYPO3com <>
Reviewed-by: Wouter Wolters <>
Reviewed-by: Anja Leichsenring <>
Tested-by: Anja Leichsenring <>
Reviewed-by: Joerg Boesche <>
Tested-by: Joerg Boesche <>
Reviewed-by: Helmut Hummel <>
Reviewed-by: Stefan Neufeind <>
Tested-by: Stefan Neufeind <>

Revision 4c6ebb31 (diff)
Added by Susanne Moog 24 days ago

[BUGFIX] Do not recalculate PIDs for every query in BE search

The backend search "Show all" link recalculated allowed PIDs for
the current user for all search operations resulting in an
exponentially increasing amount of sql queries depending on the
number of pages in an installation.

As the list of allowed pages for the user does not change during
the request, it is enough to calculate it once.

Change-Id: I9262a5d8425d04cb4ff1e35b2c3cc0ec96b8fa53
Resolves: #82083
Releases: master, 8.7
Reviewed-on: https://review.typo3.org/54206
Tested-by: TYPO3com <>
Reviewed-by: Markus Sommer <>
Tested-by: Markus Sommer <>
Reviewed-by: Jan Stockfisch <>
Reviewed-by: Stefan Neufeind <>
Tested-by: Stefan Neufeind <>

History

#1 Updated by Steffen Gebert 2 months ago

Hey, you unfortunately picked the wrong tracker. May I ask, how you got here? We get a lot of reports that belong to the Core project recently. Maybe there's some wrong link?

#2 Updated by András Ottó 2 months ago

Steffen Gebert wrote:

Hey, you unfortunately picked the wrong tracker. May I ask, how you got here? We get a lot of reports that belong to the Core project recently. Maybe there's some wrong link?

I came here from the start page of forge.typo3.org and then open an issue.
What should I do with this issue now?

#3 Updated by András Ottó 2 months ago

  • Project changed from forge.typo3.org to Core
  • Category changed from Development to Backend User Interface
  • Priority changed from Should have to Must have
  • Target version set to Candidate for patchlevel
  • TYPO3 Version set to 8
  • PHP Version set to 7.0

#4 Updated by J. Peter M. Schuler 2 months ago

Confirmed. 7LTS on server with ~11k pages needs about 3 seconds for show all. Staging instance on very same server times out after 4 minutes using 8.7.4. (Ubuntu 16 with PHP 7)

Concerning your other question: I got only pages, tt_content, sys_domain and sys_template, which are all correct; no sys_languages

#5 Updated by András Ottó about 2 months ago

  • Target version changed from Candidate for patchlevel to next-patchlevel

#6 Updated by András Ottó about 2 months ago

  • Target version deleted (next-patchlevel)

#7 Updated by Gerrit Code Review about 1 month ago

  • Status changed from New to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch master of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/53930

#8 Updated by Susanne Moog about 1 month ago

Just pushed a patch for that - comparison of before and after: https://blackfire.io/profiles/compare/69c47f10-77fa-4145-8856-a62e75902e2b/graph

#9 Updated by Gerrit Code Review about 1 month ago

Patch set 2 for branch master of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/53930

#10 Updated by Gerrit Code Review about 1 month ago

Patch set 3 for branch master of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/53930

#11 Updated by Gerrit Code Review 27 days ago

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_8-7 of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/54206

#12 Updated by Anonymous 27 days ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

Also available in: Atom PDF