Bug #85336

f:uri.image behaves inconsistent with utf8 names whether using src or image

Added by Stefan P over 1 year ago. Updated about 1 year ago.

Should have
File Abstraction Layer (FAL)
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:


TYPO3 Version:
PHP Version:
Is Regression:
Sprint Focus:


I have a file with special utf8 characters in the path: /fileadmin/special-páth/file.pdf (notice the "á" in the path name).

First I did this: {f:uri.image(src: file.originalResource.publicUrl)} - this returned an empty string.

Then I did this: {f:uri.image(image: file)} - this returned the correct path.

SYS\UTF8filesytem => true is set and the filesystem actually is UTF-8 capable, the locales also are set to UTF8 and all other utf8-scenarios are working. Both methods (src and image) are working fine on ASCII-only paths.

I assume this mis-behaviour is also true for other view helpers such as f:image.


#1 Updated by Stefan P over 1 year ago

The last sentence should end with "other view helpers such as f:image.", sorry.

#2 Updated by Frans Saris over 1 year ago

  • Description updated (diff)

#3 Updated by Stefan P over 1 year ago

Oh, I forgot to mention (just in case that was not clear), the problem is NOT that publicUrl returns empty! publicUrl returns the correct path with special characters. So doing <a href="{file.originalResource.publicUrl}">Foo</a> renders a working link to the file. Only the combination with the uri (and probably also image) VH does not work.

#4 Updated by Frans Saris over 1 year ago

You shouldn't use {f:uri.image(src: file.originalResource.publicUrl)} always use the object when possible! Did is faster and when you use fileReferences the cropping wil get lost this way.

#5 Updated by Stefan P over 1 year ago

You are right. But this does not change anything that there's some bug wrt to handling utf-8 paths somewhere. This is what I have reported.

#6 Updated by Susanne Moog about 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from 8.7.19 to Candidate for patchlevel

Also available in: Atom PDF