Bug #86674

Overriding translations does not fully works

Added by Sebastien Convers 7 months ago. Updated 4 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Must have
Assignee:
-
Category:
Localization
Target version:
-
Start date:
2018-10-17
Due date:
% Done:

0%

TYPO3 Version:
9
PHP Version:
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
Sprint Focus:

Description

Looks like there is some messy behaviour with the translation overriding at the moment:
i had working overriding in 8.7, which aren't working anymore, especially in frontend.

Here is what i have: (TYPO3 9.5.0, composer mode)

in EXT:my_ext/ext_localconf.php

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['locallangXMLOverride']['EXT:frontend/Resources/Private/Language/locallang_tca.xlf'][] = 'EXT:my_ext/Resources/Private/Language/custom.xlf';
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['locallangXMLOverride']['EXT:indexed_search/Resources/Private/Language/locallang.xlf'][] = 'EXT:my_ext/Resources/Private/Language/custom.xlf';

in EXT:my_ext/Resources/Private/Language/custom.xlf

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xliff version="1.0" xmlns:t3="http://typo3.org/schemas/xliff">
    <file t3:id="1415814838" source-language="en" datatype="plaintext" original="messages" date="2011-12-18T10:19:20Z" product-name="my_ext">
        <header/>
        <body>
            <trans-unit id="displayResults">
                <source><![CDATA[Displaying results OVERRIDED<strong>%1$s to %2$s</strong> out of <strong>%3$s</strong>]]></source>
            </trans-unit>
            <trans-unit id="pages.title_formlabel">
                <source>Page Title OVERRIDED</source>
            </trans-unit>
        </body>
    </file>
</xliff>

> Overriding doesn't works anymore in frontend for EXT:indexed_search
> But still works in backend for EXT:frontend

Issue confirmed on Slack by Joerg Kummer: "I found a strange behavior within this: as more overrides i add, as less overrides works. Fx. i have succesfully overidden core TCA elements, after than i add some overrides for news and the former overriden core TCA elements shows up in original translations. Looks a bit unstable, cause it seems to depend on how many overrides i create."


Related issues

Related to TYPO3 Core - Bug #86683: locallangXMLOverride not working due to incorrect language file path Closed 2018-10-18

History

#1 Updated by Sebastien Convers 7 months ago

  • Category set to Localization

#2 Updated by Tymoteusz Motylewski 7 months ago

  • Related to Bug #86683: locallangXMLOverride not working due to incorrect language file path added

#3 Updated by Sebastien Convers 4 months ago

Can be closed, fixed in #86683 :)

#4 Updated by Bjoern Jacob 4 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed

Closed as requested by the author. Thanks mate!

Also available in: Atom PDF