Bug #87137

ckeditor: wrong/missleading icons?

Added by Christoph Werner almost 2 years ago. Updated almost 2 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Must have
Assignee:
-
Category:
RTE (rtehtmlarea + ckeditor)
Target version:
-
Start date:
2018-12-12
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
8
PHP Version:
7.0
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
Sprint Focus:

Description

Hi all!
Since the 8.7.21 update, some icons (i.e. setting a link) in the ckeditor are wrong (see screenshot -> the icon for ul/ol triggers centralised text, the paper-icon top line, right is for links...). The tooltip-info is right.
Tested in 2 installations, one php 7.0, one php 7.2.
Best,
Christoph


Files

icon_wrong.png (7.94 KB) icon_wrong.png Christoph Werner, 2018-12-12 21:23
#1

Updated by Wolfgang Wagner almost 2 years ago

I can confirm this problem in some of our customer's installations.

Temporary workaround:
  • Switch back to 8.7.20
  • Clear all TYPO3 caches and browser cache, reload backend
  • Switch back to 8.7.21
  • Again clear all caches and browser caches, reload

That worked for us in all affected installations.

#2

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi almost 2 years ago

Wolfgang Podbregar Wagner Thank you for your findings. Just a question: when you write "Temporary workaround", do you mean that the problem comes out again sooner or later?

I tried to reproduce the problem after an update from 8.7.20 to 8.7.21

- updated TYPO3
- cleared cache
- cleared browser cache

but I was not able to see it (so far, after a brief test).

#3

Updated by Wolfgang Wagner almost 2 years ago

It seems, this was a problem in our installations, and no TYPO3 problem. So, from my side, this ticket could be closed.

@Christop Werner: it seems, there was a change in the PNG file for the icons. If you use TYPO3 with symlinks, try to replace the TYPO3 core.

#4

Updated by Christoph Werner almost 2 years ago

Wolfgang Podbregar Wagner: ok, good to know, the tested websites are both at jweiland, so I think that is the same problem you have discovered.

-> can be closed.

Wolfgang Wagner wrote:

It seems, this was a problem in our installations, and no TYPO3 problem. So, from my side, this ticket could be closed.

@Christop Werner: it seems, there was a change in the PNG file for the icons. If you use TYPO3 with symlinks, try to replace the TYPO3 core.

#5

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed
  • Target version deleted (Candidate for patchlevel)

Ok thank you for your feedback; I close this one for now; please ping me if this is the wrong decision and the issue comes out again. Thanks.

Also available in: Atom PDF