Epic #85006: Reduce falsely reported broken links
Linkvalidator should only check relevant fields in table
Some checks should only be performed if content is relevant.
tt_content.bodytext : depends on ctype (e.g. is usually not relevant for plugins)
pages.url : depends on doktype
The problem is currently, if page or content element types are changed, the content is not removed from the fields which are now no longer relevant, so in older sites where this had been changed, you may get a lot of "broken links" for content that is not rendered in FE and is irrelevant.
- Create a content element, e.g. "text & media"
- Add a broken link to the content (tt_content.bodytext)
- Now change the content type, e.g. to plugin
- We recheck for broken links for that page
- We look at linkvalidator report
The broken link will be displayed
The broken link in the element "plugin" should not be displayed, because tt_content.bodytext is not relevant if content type is plugin
It should be possible to get the information, which fields are editable via TCA: 'interface' => 'showRecordFieldList'.