Imagedescription visible in Backend, even if the image is set to hidden
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to page module and create a new "Text & Media" Content Element.
2. Fill out the Fields "Bodytext", "Media Elements" and the Description of the Media element
3. Make sure to disable the Media Element
4. Save and Close the record
As a backend editor i don't want to see the description of a hidden image in the Page module
#1 Updated by Gerrit Code Review about 1 month ago
- Status changed from New to Under Review
Patch set 1 for branch master of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/c/Packages/TYPO3.CMS/+/61961
#2 Updated by Georg Ringer about 1 month ago
- Status changed from Under Review to Needs Feedback
I am not so sure about this change. IMO we don't have anywhere in the backend conditions based on hidden if something should be shown or not. therefore I like to avoid having now a different behaviour for this one field.
IMO it would be more important to have a good concept for the complete page module instead of fiddling around with one setting here and one setting there. do you agree?