When moving records the translation do not move with it
When I move a record with translations the translations do not move with it.
I localized that the move takes place in class.t3lib_tcemain.php->moveRecord but I am not enough into the typo3 core sources that I can fix that.
(issue imported from #M2314)
#5 Updated by Christian Toffolo over 11 years ago
Related to http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10552
I tested Philippe's extenstions in two of my installations:
TYPO3 4.1.7 / TV 1.3.4 global
TYPO3 4.2.10 / TV 1.3.7 local
I tested: copy; move; reference>create local copy
all those actions now preserve the localizations.
GJ Philippe, thank you!
#9 Updated by Nils Winkler about 11 years ago
I tested the patch / extension (0002314_v2.patch and T3X_klee_translation-0_1_2-z-200812051716.t3x) with TYPO3 4.2.9 and it works.
The extension T3X_klee_tv_move_patch-0_1_0-z-200812051717.t3x seems not to be necessary. If you also use this extension, the main element will be copied twice.
Without T3X_klee_translation-0_1_2-z-200812051716.t3x the translated element will not be copied.
#10 Updated by Markus Timtner about 11 years ago
I witnessed some strange behavior of the extension:
(might be relevant to the patch, too)
When copying elements within "web->list" module, everything works as expected.
But when copying elements in "web->page" module, the copied elements have lost their translation relations and localisation settings, they all appear in the default language column now.
Kind regards, markus
#15 Updated by Markus Timtner about 11 years ago
Hi there again.
I still encounter that weird behavior that copied content elements with translations somehow loose their relations...
Tested in TYPO3 v4.1.7 and v4.2.9, patch 2314_v2 and T3X_klee_translation-0_1_2-z-200812051716.t3x installed.
Here are the steps for reproduction:
1. apply patch 2314_v2
2. install T3X_klee_translation-0_1_2-z-200812051716.t3x
3. create test content with translations
4. now "web->page" copy only the element of the default language
and then "paste after"
Result: all elements get copied, but loose their relations.
The only way which succeeds in copying an element invcluding relations is within list module, table "page content" and then insertion via the table "head".
Ok, but when this new content element has to be moved somehow, it will still loose all its relations, eventually.
#20 Updated by Tolleiv Nietsch about 11 years ago
@Nils - this is no TemplaVoila issue - TemplaVoila just uses the t3lib_tcemain to perform copy/move/delete actions - please check the typo3.dev list and you'll find the Core-patch file - I didn't attach it to this issue because at the moment it resolves a couple of related issues at once (it not "Core-list ready" yet)