Integrate possibility to show content elements depending on a given rule
Perhaps we should start with an example before an abstract:
Imagine, that you're running a TYPO3 site with several domains (mysite.com, shop.mysite.com, partner.mysite.com) that are all using the same page tree. Now, a content element shall only be visible if the website user hits your site using a special domain (e.g. partner.mysite.com). That content element show some additional information and isn't visible on the other pages.
What you can do currently, is to use some TypoScript conditions or a redirect using the domain record of TYPO3. But there isn't yet a possibility to assign such conditions to single content elements.
Assigning a domain was just an example, this could be anything, e.g. GET-parameter, systemtime, server-environment-variable. I tend to call this a "rule" or "front-end rules" (fe_rules).
(issue imported from #M6419)
#1 Updated by Oliver Hader about 12 years ago
- A domain looks for the HTTP_HOST, enter the domain record in the expression field, you can also use wildcards, e.g. "*.typo3.org".
- A group can contain again other rules (similar to fe_groups)
- The field "allow/deny" inverts the evaluation of an expression
A new field 'fe_rules' is added to tt_content records which allows one to define rules for each content record.
#2 Updated by Oliver Hader about 12 years ago
- added 'fe_users' to getHash in TSFE
- started iconWorks for fe_rules with the file flag 'r', e.g. tt_content__r.gif
- added comments & some cleaning
- possibly add pages (cave: caching!)
- improve caching, also concerning bug #17630 ("gr_list concept needs to be improved")
#11 Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 3 years ago
What's the status of this issue? It seems like the extension https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/contexts?
#12 Updated by Riccardo De Contardi almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Needs Feedback to Closed
- Assignee deleted (
As there has been no feedback since a long time, I am closing this one.
If you think that this is the wrong decision or that there is still work to be done, please reopen it or open a new issue with a reference to this one. Thank you.