Bug #23651

htmlArea RTE: t3lib_div::array_merge_recursive_overrule() problem (#18738 follow-up)

Added by Felix Nagel almost 11 years ago. Updated almost 3 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Should have
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
2010-09-30
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
PHP Version:
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
Sprint Focus:

Description

This is a follow-up to bug 8314 which was a fixed and committed but seems to be overwritten. Take a look here: http://bugs.typo3.org/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=8314

I re-open this issue because I get an email due to my extension beautyofcode.
Following error message was reported:

Error message: #####
PHP Catchable Fatal Error: Argument 1 passed to
t3lib_div::array_merge_recursive_overrule() must be an array, null
given, called in
/html/typo3/typo3_src-4.4.2/typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea/class.tx_rtehtmlareaapi.php
on line 80 and defined in
/html/typo3/typo3_src-4.4.2/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php line 2059 #####

This is strange as I do not use rte in my extension (its a syntax highlighter). I googled and found bug 8314 which solved the problem.

Used system config:
TYPO3: 4.4.2
PHP: 5.2.13
EXT beautyOfCode 0.6.0

Main problem is my extension works great within TYPO 4.2.2. Its already tested in a fresh Introduction package installation. So I cant reproduce the problem, but it was confirmed by the well known german hoster Mittwald.
I will write an email to the error reporter, perhaps he could help.

My only idea that the function tx_beautyofcode_addFields->getConfig within my extension which calls the t3lib_pageSelect function causes the problem in rarely cases. But how to debug when I cant reproduce the problem? But as some other people reported (see above mentioned bug) report the same for tt_news I assume this needs to be patched again.

The patch delivered in #18738 is outdated. Due to the user who reported the bug, this works:

/**
       * Return true if we are in the FE, but not in the FE editing feature
of BE. * * @return boolean
*/
function is_FE() {
//return is_object($GLOBALS['TSFE']) &&
!$this->isFrontendEditActive();
return is_object($TSFE) && is_array($this->LOCAL_LANG) &&
!strstr($this->elementId,'TSFE_EDIT');
}

(issue imported from #M15864)


Related issues

Related to TYPO3 Core - Bug #18738: rtehtmlarea: Argument 1 passed to t3lib_div::array_merge_recursive_overrule() must be an array, null givenClosedStanislas Rolland2008-05-02

Actions
Has duplicate TYPO3 Core - Bug #23672: htmlArea RTE: Insufficient Check for BE / FE ContextClosedStanislas Rolland2010-10-04

Actions
#1

Updated by Stanislas Rolland almost 11 years ago

So if I install your extension, how do I reproduce the issue?

I installed the extension on TYPO3 4.4, used default extension configuration. Inserted the plugin on a page with some html content, after including Static template.

I get the html content highlighted on the fe, and a menu displayed on the right, but no error. I can also display a FE RTE on the same page.

If your plugin is not using the RTE, I can't see how it could cause such an error.

#2

Updated by Felix Nagel almost 11 years ago

Thats the problem. But after using the patch everythings worked out for Ralf (the user reported the error to me). I really hope he will add a comment here so we can track this down.

I assume a strange TS config or something.

#3

Updated by Stanislas Rolland almost 11 years ago

tt_news is one of the most used extensions. I think that if there was such an issue with TYPO3 4.4, it would have been reported.

#4

Updated by Felix Nagel almost 11 years ago

It was, twice. One of the reporter was Dimitry Dupelov. Lets wait till Ralf answers my email here. We cant do anything for now.

#5

Updated by Henrik Ziegenhain almost 11 years ago

I can confirm the above mentioned error.
The strange thing here: I get this error on save, save&view and save&new

Save&close works as expected.

The last thing i changed the last days was an update of wt_twitter and with this update I installed extbase & fluid. TYPO3 Version was 4.4.2, now it`s 4.4.3.

The error still comes after saving.

I will do some further testing maybe later this day.

#6

Updated by Stanislas Rolland almost 11 years ago

Please test patch attached to issue #0015893.

#7

Updated by Henrik Ziegenhain almost 11 years ago

Hi Stan,

thanks for your feedback and the added relationship.

The patch from issue 0015893 solves the problem for me.

#8

Updated by Stanislas Rolland almost 11 years ago

Patch attached to issue #0015893 fixes this issue and was committed to SVN trunk (revision 9005) and branch TYPO3_4-4 (revision 9006).

#9

Updated by Benni Mack almost 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF