Task #40095: Move core to namespaces
Namespace interfaces don't work for PHP version < 5.3.7 due to type hinting issues
Fatal errors are thrown when using an old interface with the new TYPO3 6.0 beta 1. This only happens with PHP versions below 5.3.7 and ends in something like that:
Fatal error: Declaration of tx_extdevevalDevLinks::__construct() must be compatible with that of
TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Toolbar\ToolbarItemHookInterface::__construct() in /.../typo3conf/ext/extdeveval/class.tx_extdeveval_additionalBackendItems.php
on line 34
[BUGFIX] Fatal errors for interfaces with PHP version < 5.3.7
This bugfix rewrites function type hints to match the new ones as long as
PHP versions of OS Venders are not up to date.
Fatal errors are thrown when using an old interface with the new
TYPO3 6.0 beta 1. This only happens with PHP versions below 5.3.7 as
there are some type hinting issues.
Raise the Extbase submodule pointer at the same time to be in line
with the renaming of the Autoloader to ClassLoader.
#10 Updated by Ernesto Baschny almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Accepted
- Target version changed from 6.0.0-beta2 to 6.0.1
Sorry, to re-open this issue, but this is not solved yet in 6.0.0. I am still getting the "Fatal error" as described in the description under Debian Squeeze after installing extdeveval from TER.
I will further investigate.
#11 Updated by Ernesto Baschny almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from Accepted to Resolved
- Target version deleted (
Indeed sadly there is nothing the core can do about it. A small fix needs to be included in the extension that has this problem, see solution for extdeveval here: #43444.
The solution is simple:
1) Make sure you register your toobarItem in a php file which does not include the class definition itself. The registration PHP file should only call the "$GLOBALS['TYPO3backend']->addToolbarItem" method.
2) Make sure the class you are declaring as an implementation of "backend_toolbarItem" can be properly auto-loaded by TYPO3.
If these two conditions are met, your toolbarItem will work without a problem in TYPO3 4.5 throughout 6.0.
So closed again.
#12 Updated by Michael Stucki over 4 years ago
- Assignee deleted (
I have reported the problem to Debian and hope they are going to backport the fix: