Bug #40672

Including DatabaseUtility fails due to Null Character

Added by Sebastian Michaelsen about 7 years ago. Updated about 2 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Must have
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
2012-09-06
Due date:
% Done:

100%

TYPO3 Version:
6.0
PHP Version:
5.3
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
Sprint Focus:

Description

(This one is strange and it took me a while to figure it out)

In typo3/sysext/extensionmanager/Classes/Utility/DatabaseUtility.php line 129, position 38 there seems to be a so called Null Character1 which raises an error when the file is included. In my case the whole PHP process seems to be killed - the browser receives no response from the server. This way the EM and the Language module fail to load.

I found the problem via Command Line:

$ php -l DatabaseUtility.php
Bus error: 10

When I erase the Null character everything works fine.

Attention: I'm experiencing this on a Mac with Intel chip. This smells system dependant to me.

(I can't even provide a patch because git seems to handle DatabaseUtility.php as a binary file because of the Null character)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_character


Related issues

Duplicated by TYPO3 Core - Bug #40533: Uncaught TYPO3 Exception with new extensionmanager Closed 2012-09-02

Associated revisions

Revision 6c248b44 (diff)
Added by Jigal van Hemert about 7 years ago

[BUGFIX] Use double quoted strings for control chars

Instead of literal characters in single quoted strings it's better
to use doubled quoted strings for control characters to provide
better compatibility across platforms

Change-Id: Icb9722ad0e729c898d458c085f89d0fdf1f13896
Fixes: #40672
Releases: 6.0
Reviewed-on: http://review.typo3.org/14603
Reviewed-by: Felix Kopp
Tested-by: Felix Kopp
Reviewed-by: Helmut Hummel
Tested-by: Helmut Hummel

History

#1 Updated by Felix Kopp about 7 years ago

I can confirm this. When the character is removed the extension manager and language manager work fine again.

Also see #40672 for error dump I added

#2 Updated by Jigal van Hemert about 7 years ago

  • Assignee set to Jigal van Hemert
  • Target version set to 6.0.0-beta2

#3 Updated by Gerrit Code Review about 7 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch master has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/14603

#4 Updated by Jigal van Hemert about 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

#5 Updated by Riccardo De Contardi about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF