Bug #45490

Problem with blank spaces in data/folder names

Added by Steffen Liebig over 9 years ago. Updated over 8 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Should have
Assignee:
-
Category:
RTE (rtehtmlarea + ckeditor)
Target version:
Start date:
2013-02-14
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
6.0
PHP Version:
5.4
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
No
Sprint Focus:

Description

I noticed a similar bug as shown in #44440 - don't know if it's the same one but looks comparable. Following a request by Philipp Gampe, I additionally open a new issue:

First of all, I had problems trying to edit text elements via Page/List. I got "Oops, an error occured" without any explanation. Enabling BE/Debug and changing ProductionExceptionHandler to DebugExceptionHandler (display errors -1 -> 1) threw errors in a few php-files:

TYPO3\CMS\Core\Resource\Exception\FileDoesNotExistException thrown in file

/home/www/typo3/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Resource/Driver/AbstractDriver.php in line 399

together with problems in RTE, FormEngine.php, EditDocumentController.php and alt_doc.php.

Disabling the RTE made it possible to take a look at the code. Correcting the links (deleting the numbers which were given to the file names while moving the site from 4.7.2 to 6.0.0/6.0.1) made it possible to reach the element via RTE again, BUT:

- other subpages throw similar mistakes...checking the code showed that the links are ok in the BE while in FE (mouseover), they get cut off seemingly ALL AT THE SAME POINT. It seemed to be a blank space in the data name causing the trouble, but thats not the crucial point. I replaced it by "_" in the links and in the name of the data folder without success: it lead to the same mistake AFTER the "_"

Meanwhile, I'm even more confused...two days ago, I couldn't solve this at all. Yesterday, I disabled my RTE again, looked up all those blank spaces and after replacing them by "_", everything was ok. Now I wonder why this didn't work immediately (the links stopped after the "_" instead of e.g. being shown up to the next blank).

I just could join Helmut's question: "How to deal with it ?" and advie everybody to get rid of the blanks in the shown way. Of course the more links, the more work which can't be the "best possible way for everyone".

As this might lead to RTE (Helmut's presumption), I took it as a category and proposed 6.0.3 as target version to get solved - or 6.1.0 depending on the technical planning but don't really know how to estimate the "core-debugging complexity". To make sure about possible coherences, this issue should be linked to #44440.


Related issues

Related to TYPO3 Core - Bug #44440: Setting an external link with domain of the backend leads to exceptionClosedStanislas Rolland2013-01-10

Actions
Related to TYPO3 Core - Bug #46007: Downloads with Whitespaces in Foldername fails after MigrateClosed2013-03-04

Actions
#1

Updated by Stanislas Rolland almost 9 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs Feedback

Please explain how to reproduce this issue.

#2

Updated by Alexander Opitz over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs Feedback to Closed
  • Is Regression set to No

No feedback for over 90 days.

If you think, that this is the wrong decision, then please write to the mailing list typo3.teams.bugs with issue number and an explanation.

Also available in: Atom PDF