Bug #75743

Bug #71298: Fix missing/broken RTE features after Link Handler API merge

Linkhandler values not stored if selected record has been searched for or paginated to

Added by Tobias Pinnekamp almost 3 years ago. Updated 6 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Must have
Assignee:
Category:
Link Handling, Site Handling & Routing
Target version:
Start date:
2016-04-18
Due date:
% Done:

100%

TYPO3 Version:
7
PHP Version:
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
Yes
Sprint Focus:
Stabilization Sprint

Description

I created a new tab for the link handler with PageTSconfig (in combination with https://github.com/cobwebch/linkhandler).

  1. I have an input field with an already assigned value (doesn't matter if it is a page id or a record link).
  2. I click the wizard icon to open the link popup
  3. Then I select my custom tab which lists ~20 of my 100+ records
  4. I select one of these first 20 records
  5. The field in the backend form gets updated
  6. Saving the record and displaying it again shows the new selected value

To this point everything works as expected. Repeat steps 1-3 then follow these next step:

  1. Search for a record or simply expand the list to select a record after the first 20 items
  2. The input field of the backend form correctly displays the new value
  3. Saving the form and displaying it again shows the old one

The problems seems to be that in this case (selecting a record other than the first displayed ones) doesn't populate the hidden field of the input. Therefore the old value gets saved.

This behavior can also be seen if you clear the input value with the (x). If it is a required field it will be highlighted. If you now select a value other than the first 20 records the field will be populated but stays highlighted as required. Saving of the form isn't possible at all now.

I've tested this on TYPO3 7.6.4 and 7.6.5


Related issues

Duplicated by TYPO3 Core - Bug #76935: Link Browser: Selecting records fails in record list view Closed 2016-07-05

Associated revisions

Revision 81d80f85 (diff)
Added by Markus Klein over 2 years ago

[BUGFIX] Do not add empty alert fieldChangeFunc to link browser URL

Adding an empty alert message to the fieldChangeFunc array causes
the fieldChangeFunc_hash to mismatch when pagination or search
is used in the link browser popup.

Add a check for an empty value, which is already present in another
place in Core.

Resolves: #75743
Releases: master, 7.6
Change-Id: I1a15400960d577c1a2a0a905643b56533d957100
Reviewed-on: https://review.typo3.org/50586
Tested-by: TYPO3com <>
Reviewed-by: Wouter Wolters <>
Tested-by: Wouter Wolters <>
Reviewed-by: Stefan Neufeind <>
Tested-by: Stefan Neufeind <>

Revision c8037d37 (diff)
Added by Markus Klein over 2 years ago

[BUGFIX] Do not add empty alert fieldChangeFunc to link browser URL

Adding an empty alert message to the fieldChangeFunc array causes
the fieldChangeFunc_hash to mismatch when pagination or search
is used in the link browser popup.

Add a check for an empty value, which is already present in another
place in Core.

Resolves: #75743
Releases: master, 7.6
Change-Id: I1a15400960d577c1a2a0a905643b56533d957100
Reviewed-on: https://review.typo3.org/50623
Reviewed-by: Stefan Neufeind <>
Tested-by: Stefan Neufeind <>
Tested-by: TYPO3com <>
Reviewed-by: Wouter Wolters <>
Tested-by: Wouter Wolters <>

History

#1 Updated by Markus Klein almost 3 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Mathias Schreiber to Markus Klein

Hi Tobias!

Is this reproduceable with Core only links, or do I need to use linkhandler or your ext?

#2 Updated by David Effendi over 2 years ago

Hi Markus,

I can confirm this behavior in our recent setup (TYPO3 7.6.9).

In a default Text/Image CE:
Links inserted in default RTE (htmlarea) from any other page than the first in the linkhandler tab DO work in this setup
Using the link wizard (header_link field) linking a record from second page fails.

The hidden field at the input then is not being updated.

Same behavior using the link wizard in custom CEs as well as in own extension.

#3 Updated by Markus Klein over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Accepted
  • Priority changed from Should have to Must have
  • Target version set to next-patchlevel
  • Is Regression changed from No to Yes

#4 Updated by Markus Klein over 2 years ago

  • Parent task set to #71298

#5 Updated by Martin F√ľnning over 2 years ago

Check if you have EXT:dce installed before you installed linkhandler. If you have, deactivate dce and activate it again. Don't know exactly why, but it worked for me.

#6 Updated by Daniel Goerz over 2 years ago

  • Sprint Focus set to Stabilization Sprint

#7 Updated by Peter Rauber over 2 years ago

I also confirm this bug with TYPO3 7.6.11

#8 Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch master of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/50586

#9 Updated by Markus Klein over 2 years ago

It was really a daunting task to chase that one down. Even nicer that the solution is so simple.
Your tests and votes(!) are really very very welcome. Thanks a lot.

#10 Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 2 years ago

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_7-6 of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/50623

#11 Updated by Markus Klein over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

#12 Updated by Benni Mack 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF