Bug #78490

file_get_contents fail prevents page tree to render

Added by Peter Kraume over 3 years ago. Updated over 1 year ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Should have
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
2016-10-28
Due date:
% Done:

100%

TYPO3 Version:
8
PHP Version:
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
No
Sprint Focus:

Description

This bug report was sent to by an anonymous person:

I have no Forge account and do not want to register, but since 8.4 (up to current master) I am getting the folliwng error in the backend:

Core: Error handler (BE): PHP Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/test/typo3//test/typo3/sysext/backend/Resources/Public/JavaScript/extjs/components/pagetree/javascript/app.js): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/test/typo3_src/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Resource/ResourceCompressor.php line 285

This prevents the page tree from rendering because all the Javascript from loadorder.txt is missing.

The problem seems to be that an relativ path is concatenated to a absolute path. Probably related to making "EXT:" available in Backend modules.


Related issues

Related to TYPO3 Core - Task #78193: Deprecate ExtensionManagementUtility::extRelPath() Closed 2016-10-08
Related to TYPO3 Core - Bug #78803: ResourceCompressor can't deal with paths relative to docroot Closed 2016-11-25

Associated revisions

Revision 3bce1c47 (diff)
Added by Nicole Cordes over 3 years ago

[BUGFIX] Use correct path to JS resources

This problem is related to the change https://review.typo3.org/48915/.
The patch removed usage of ExtensionManagementUtility::extRelPath and
replaced it with other calls. While trying to resolve a relative path
in BackendController::loadResourcesForRegisteredNavigationComponents,
a wrong replacement was introduced. This patch ensures the old behaviour
to retrieve the relative path.

Resolves: #78490
Releases: master
Change-Id: I2c2edf6d1b02efd95b4485da88777eec0dd515c6
Reviewed-on: https://review.typo3.org/50475
Tested-by: TYPO3com <>
Reviewed-by: Malte Koitka <>
Tested-by: Malte Koitka <>
Reviewed-by: Benni Mack <>
Tested-by: Benni Mack <>

History

#1 Updated by Nicole Cordes over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs Feedback

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the bug report. Is there any way to get in contact with the author? There seems to be a problem with his/her folder structure and unless there are more information I fear there is nothing we can do to solve this issue. I had a look at there code there and it seems to work properly so far (for me).

#2 Updated by Peter Kraume over 3 years ago

Hi Nicole, unfortunately there is no contact information available.

#3 Updated by Malte Koitka over 3 years ago

Hey there, we're having the exact same problem. What I found out so far is that it is triggered due to TYPO3 8.4 being installed in a subdirectory e.g. dev.local/my-site/typo3

As reported some calculated filenames contain a redundant relative part thus cannot be found by the ResourceCompressor. Also, in the Install Tool the configuration preset "Live" has to be enabled. With "Debug" mode active the page tree strangely renders perfectly fine.

#4 Updated by Nicole Cordes over 3 years ago

Malte Koitka wrote:

Hey there, we're having the exact same problem. What I found out so far is that it is triggered due to TYPO3 8.4 being installed in a subdirectory e.g. dev.local/my-site/typo3

Do you mean subdirectory (on hard drive) or do you refer to your domain?

#5 Updated by Nicole Cordes over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs Feedback to Accepted
  • Assignee set to Nicole Cordes

Hi Malte,

Thank you for the feedback. I'm finally able to reproduce this error and try to find the problem!

#6 Updated by Malte Koitka over 3 years ago

Hi Nicole. Great, thanks for your effort!

#7 Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch master of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/50475

#8 Updated by Nicole Cordes over 3 years ago

Steps how to be able to reproduce the problem:

1. install TYPO3 sources within an existing document root (I used folder "t3" under localhost document root)
2. install TYPO3 using the existing domain + folder (in my case localhost/t3/)
3. go to install tool and make sure "live" preset is set
4. remove typo3temp/assets/compressed folder (just to be sure)
5. go to the page module

Expected result:

You should see an empty page tree

Actual result:
Nothing in the page tree frame is shown

#9 Updated by Nicole Cordes over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

#10 Updated by Benni Mack over 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF