Dependent extensions not getting installed automatically even though it is available in the extension manager
In typo3 7.6.12 if an extension depends on another extension, the extension activation will not activate the dependent extension even though it is available in the extension manager. Instead it will show an error like
"Oops, an error occurred!
The package "X" depends on "Y" which is not present in the system."
Updated by Markus Klein over 7 years ago
We have the following extensions available on the server, but NOT installed:
- X: not in TER
- Y: not in TER
Extension X has dependencies on Y and Z (which is in TER).
Installing X causes the above error, that Y is not available.
Expected: Z should be downloaded and installed and, Y should be installed too.
Updated by Nicole Cordes over 7 years ago
Thank you for the report. I can't verify this problem by now and need more information.
What I tested so far:
- install an extension (mask_example) from TER
- its dependency (mask) is fetched and installed from TER as well
- install a local extension (dbal)
- its dependency (adodb uninstalled locally but available) is installed as well
What do I have to do to trigger the mentioned problem? Please add a "real-life" example to reproduce this problem.
Updated by Christian Kuhn over 7 years ago
I found these 2 test cases, yet:
- (7.6): indexed_search_mysql can be used to easily reproduce that (do NOT have indexed_search loaded)
- have both introduction and bootstrap_package lying around locally but both not loaded, then try to load introduction