Show logged records of DatabaseWriter in ext:belog
Log entries that have been persisted using the logging-framework are not visualized in ext:belog.
The reason is, that the logging-framework uses different field names for the sys_log table that are not considered.
#1 Updated by Steffen Müller over 2 years ago
This has historic reasons: When the Logging API was merged, the dev team's opinion was to rather develop a dedicated BE log module for the Logging API than to squeeze the stuff into the current be log module.
I still believe we should first refactor the current syslog, because there's too much stuff tightly coupled: sys_log + sys_history table, Page->info->history module, be log module + GeneralUtility:sysLog() + various class methods *log() writing more or less directly to sys_log.
1. separate sys_history and sys_log
2. deprecate GeneralUtility::sysLog() + GeneralUtility::devLog() + any other *log() method in favor of Logging API
3. Show Logging API DatabaseWriter stuff in BE log.
4. Show sys_history in a dedicated module
Currently the be log can filter the following "Actions": database, file, login, cache, settings, errors.
In future this could be decoupled in the following way:
1. put database, file stuff exclusively into sys_history
2. put errors, settings, login, cache into be log.
Just my 2ct.
#2 Updated by Oliver Hader over 2 years ago
@Steffen: Thanks for your feedback and more detailed insight. How would the current "action filter" with error, database, login, ... be reflected with the logging framework? Would that be a new attribute "scope" or "topic", or modeled without changing the schema?